Tuesday, February 23, 2016

What is going on here?!

I was normal, a perfectly normal 22 year old single mom, going through college. I played with my daughter, wrestled my boyfriend (and won), wore socks and slid around on the wood floors of my apartment, life was good. I lived in Rutland Vermont with my boyfriend Tom and 2 year old daughter Echo. We didn't have much but it was enough for us to be happy. This entire pot of problems started one day when Echo was asleep and me and Tom curled up on our terribly uncomfortable futon to watch America's Got Talent. During a commercial I had to use the bathroom. When I was finished I noticed there was blood in my stool...well that's weird. I shrugged it off and went back into the living room, just in time to catch the show coming back on.

A week later I noticed that when I went to the bathroom again, there was blood, AGAIN! Well what the hell that's not right. I also noticed that my stomach had cramped, also not right. Again, I shrugged it off. This began happening on a weekly basis with more blood and more severe cramps that lasted longer and longer, but every time I refused to tell anyone (who wants to talk about bloody poop?) I ignored it and moved on, living my life like nothing was happening.

After a while, rather than once a week, I would start cramping and finding blood in my stool twice a week, then three times. When this started to become a daily bowl of fun, I decided to tell Tom. He wanted me to go see a doctor, but I'm stubborn so I said not. Like all snowballs rolling downhill, things just got worse. When I started cramping and going to the bathroom with lots of blood several times a day, everyday, it was time. I had to go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment