Monday, May 2, 2016

Two words.....BUTT BURN!!!

Oh my WORD! THIS! Just....THIS! Okay, so when you start pooping like a regular human being for the first time in forever, its like liquid. Diarrhea. And you are going to the toilet OFTEN! I think I was going 10-12 times a day and then 5 times a night. As a result of this, your anus gets what is beautifully called butt burn. Remember that terrible, painful, burning rash I was talking about around my stoma? This is basically the same thing but around your anus and my GOSH does it hurt. This is pain is the worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life. Honestly, it got so bad that I considered marching into the hospital and having my surgeon put the gross bag back in, permanently. That's right, a single, 25 year old mom would rather life her life with a bag of poop on her stomach than deal with this...butt burn. The worst part is that there isn't anything the doctors can really do about it. Mine gave me a prescription for a numbing, lidocain ointment to put on my anus and that helped quite a bit. But if you want it to heal (and trust me you do) you want to go after this stuff called Calmoseptine. Now, this requires some balls because its not a prescription but you have to get it from the pharmacy. Also, they generally don't stock it so you have to have them special order it. Also also, you usually have to spell it out because no one knows what the Hell it is, so you basically need to tell them to order some butt rash cream. But it works and it works well, SO GET IT! It takes 3-6 months for your anus to scar over and not burn anymore, so sit back and prepare for a long and difficult healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment